Founded in June, 2000, Georgetown Animal Outreach, (GAO) is a non-profit (I.R.S. sec. 501,c,3) volunteer group located in Georgetown, Texas.
Our mission is to save at-risk dogs and cats in the Georgetown area from uncertain fates in shelters and stray animal communities.
To Fulfill the Mission, We Will:
- Rescue dogs & cats at high risk to foster them and better prepare them for adoption.
- Showcase pets to the public in ways that help place them as companion animals in loving, responsible homes.
- Be advocates of animal welfare in the community.
- Campaign for low cost spay & neuter clinics.
- Educate the public on issues of pet overpopulation, routine vaccinations and animal abuse.
- Work toward the day when no healthy animal will be unfairly euthanized.
We are an organization of volunteers from all walks of life, united by one common goal: the welfare of animals. While the name implies a Georgetown service organization, GAO’s work and involvement extends to the entire Williamson County community.